Saturday, June 21, 2008

Crooked Nails

God loves crooked nails.

I recently built a house for my family. What an adventure!

I learned a lot of things, among which is that there is
much waste created when you build.

Especially nails.

I am still finding nails on the ground after a rain. I
suppose that's going to go on for awhile.

Nails are discarded by the carpenter because they are
of no use to him. Crooked nails can't be driven.

They are tossed aside, useless, stepped on and over like
trash.

I was working one day and my stapler jammed. I looked
around for a nail to unjam it and found a straight one.

I quickly learned that a straight one wouldn't work. I
needed a crooked nail.

Since there was no shortage of them, I quickly found one
and it worked perfectly.

Amazing...What the carpenter had tossed aside as useless
actually was useful after all.

Then it hit me. God loves crooked nails. He loves to
take the crooked nails of our society and use them.

People that have been tossed aside, considered useless,
stepped on and over by most are actually valuable to
God.

Of such is the kingdom of heaven. And oh, I'm glad it's
that way.

Today, if you feel useless, don't despair, there is yet
hope for you for when you are weak, He is strong.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I have felt like a broken and bent nail more times in my life than I care to admit to. Thanks for the reminder that even the discarded is important to our God.

Amanda